Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Bus Trip

On a recent bus trip from Edinburgh to Inverness, Ellie, Gemma and I were seated near some Austrians. Here's how the conversation went:

A-L: Where are you going?

Austrian 1: We are going to Inverness on a houseboating trip.

A-L: Great. The six of us will have a great time.

Austrian 2: Uh...

Gemma to me: Someone stole his sense of humour.

A-L: I lived in Austria for ten months, so now I'm going to speak at you in broken German alternating with English in a German/Austrian accent.

Austrian 2: Uh...

A-L: Let's talk about Austria. What's happening there?

And then I was possessed by an evil troll who made me ask: How's Josef Fritzl?

Austrian 1: Uh.

A-L: Sorry, I don't know what evil troll possessed me to ask that.

Austrian 1: Oh, that's ok, he's the most famous Austrian.

A-L: Uh, not really. Julie Andrews is the most famous Austrian.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always thought Julie Andrews was Swiss and just played an Austian?

I also heard Austria are launching a new "Birthplace of Hitler" tourism campaign. Not a basement in sight...

GW

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385