Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Hot Luck

My friend Dave (Portland Dave) has, in the past, hosted a hot luck. Folks, don't get confused here. It's not a typo. I did not mean to write 'pot luck', I meant what I wrote, 'hot luck'. The concept: bring somethin' hot (spicy hot) to share. At the hot luck I attended Laurel brought habanero poppers (please insert squiggly line over the 'n') that were so hot (spicy hot) that after eating one your body went into survival mode.

So Dave (hot luck Portland Dave) was in a car accident near Bend, Oregon and is in ICU. Caroline (of Camden, Arkansas fame, and g/f of habanero Dave) asked me to ask you to keep Dave in your thoughts and prayers. (Non-denominational prayers will be considered on a case-by-case basis.) Dave has a punctured lung, a broken heel, and broken arm. But Caroline reports that Dave is in good spirits, and apparently "finds all this concern amusing".

Dave, Scotland is sending good thoughts and Presbyterian prayers your way.

5 comments:

Martin said...

Yikes. Get better soon, hot luck Portland Dave.

Anonymous said...

Inter-Denominational Prayers coming your way from a family of different faiths.

TDarrow said...

Not that it means I won't pray for him, but do I know Dave?

TDarrow said...

By the way - get well soon Dave.

Anonymous said...

Ok Paul, now that you're back from the States, please take a moment to fix the white space, and protect my baby sister from trashy blog searchers!

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385