Sunday, December 19, 2010

A Metaphor??


Yesterday all Christmas items were 30% off at the Salvation Army. (If you receive a slightly yellowed-with-age Christmas card from me, you'll know where it came into my possession.) This handsome nativity set (above) appears to be a bargain at $25. Even cheaper after the discount. (I'm not good at word problems, so I'll leave it the mathematicians to calculate the final price.)

But if you look closely, you'll see a key, er, figure is missing. Yes, dear reader, no Baby Jesus. I have a couple theories.

A. It's part of a new "Where's Baby Jesus?" franchise.
B. It's a metaphor for our times, where people have truly lost sight of "the reason for the season".
C. Sorry Caroline, but there's always the possibility that the giraffe-stealing Presbyterians have him.
And then my friend pointed out that the Jesus slot in the package is the same size as a Ferrero Rocher. Which could be used in a pinch as a substitute.

1 comment:

Abcdpdx said...

you think of them as the "Frozen Chosen," but some creepy sh*t goes down in Presbyterian churches. I feel much safer in the Episcopal Church, frankly.

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385