Friday, August 31, 2007

Guess

Telephone conversation with Pete two days ago...

Pete: You'll never guess where my company is installing a machine.

A-L: You're probably right. Give me a hint. Is it in the U.S.?

Pete: Yes. And I have a cousin who lives there.

A-L: You have 48 cousins. Umm, Yuba City?

Pete: Tipton lives in Live Oak, not Yuba City. And no, that's not the answer. Farther north. Way farther north.

A-L: Walla Walla?

Pete: No. And I don't think I have any cousins who live in Walla Walla proper. North and west of Walla Walla.

A-L: Spokane?

Pete: That's northeast of Walla Walla. What's wrong with you?

A-L: Umm, Olympia?

Pete: No.

A-L: That's a shame, because Cousin Danny has a boat.

Pete: It's between Olympia and Spokane.

A-L: Othello!

Pete: Yup.

A-L: Have you told Cousin Darla??

Pete: No. Not yet. But I probably won't go there, now that I'm doing a new job at the company. And they're not installing the machine for ages.

A-L: Well, that was a great game.

No comments:

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385