Thursday, March 02, 2006

Interpol and Bengalese House Cats

Edinburgh is abuzz with the news of Dave and Caroline's engagement...but alas, there is other news to report.

I had to fill out a Disclosure Form for my work at the local college, so they can check if I have a police record. I was sitting in the HR office, showing identification, and trying to act professional, when the man says this: "Since you haven't lived in the UK for the past 5 years, they'll need to check your record with Interpol".

What?? My face lit up. Interpol? What will I wear? I can't believe it. Next thing you know I'll be on '60 Minutes', or in a witness protection program. My parents will be so proud.

And then, when I thought it couldn't get any better... today Paul took Kitty to the vet to get her stitches removed (from the splaying) and the vet asked him: "Do you know if she has any Bengalese in her? That might explain her shiny coat and her small size."

And her tiger stripes, maybe?? We have a Bengalese domestic tiger on our hands, and I just got her tubes tied. I'm looking into reversing the procedure...

3 comments:

KAL said...

Departure Flight:
VIRGIN ATLANTIC flight 4
From: JFK New York-JFK, NY, US at 5:45PM Wed, Mar 29 2006
To: LHR London-Heathrow, GB at 6:35AM Thu, Mar 30 2006

Return Flight: VIRGIN ATLANTIC flight 45
From: LHR London-Heathrow, GB at 2:00PM Sun, Apr 09 2006
To: JFK New York-JFK, NY, US at 4:40PM Sun, Apr 09 2006

KAL said...

Paul,
While I'm in London
And you're in France
I'm going to wear your
underpants.

It may be a childish rhyme, but it's accurately prophetic.

Anonymous said...

WOW, a whole month without any new entries!!! I'm going through withdrawls!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385