Friday, January 21, 2005

Peter-Marie

My sister is having another girl. She is expected to arrive mid May. So we have four months to decide on a name. And when I say 'we', I mean my sister and her husband, Hector. But that won't stop me from making suggestions.

Maria and Hector, when choosing the baby's name, should consider several things. The name should:
  • sound good with their last name, Romero
  • not 'clash' with the name of their first born, Aila (Layla, for example, would not be a wise choice.)
  • reflect the baby's American/Finnish/Mexican heritage
  • look good on a business card (in case the baby turns out to be Executive Material)
  • honour as many relatives as possible

Of course the last point leads to the most hilarity. (See title.) This baby is related to people named: Ritva Maija-Liisa, Halsey Peter Pleasant, Nettie, Olavi Mattias, Selia, Poulette, Sarafia, to name just a few. We've had a good time coming up with combinations thereof. My favourite so far is Peter-Marie. My sister likes Peter Rose. (After my dad and his sister Rose Marie.)




No comments:

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385